These articles were originally published in the Missouri Historical Society’s quarterly publications, Bulletin of the Missouri Historical Society and Gateway Heritage. They provide some additional insight into the role of women in the health sciences.
- “From Lay Practitioner to Doctor of Medicine: Woman Physicians in St. Louis, 1860-1920”
- “Julia Catherine Stimson and the Mobilization of Womanpower”
- “Woman’s Healing Art: Domestic Medicine in the Turn-of-the-Century Ozarks”
- “Woman’s Place in Medicine: The Career of Dr. Mary Hancock McLean”
- “Women and Childsaving: St. Louis Children’s Hospital 1879-1979”
Back to Top